Thursday, February 26, 2009

Think Snow!!!


Ok, so it is no secret that I am a bit of a winter activity freak. After growing up in Maine until I was 14 years old and then being transplanted to Gainesville Florida, I never really lost my love for the snow and all the fun things that come with it. It has been a bit of an obsession over the years to get back and spend as much time as possible in cold places skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, you name it. I have the good fortune of being a photographer and can create my own schedule... so when the winds are howling and snow is falling, there is a part of me that kicks in and off I go to get some much needed snow time. I always bring my camera along on these trips and try to shoot as much as I can. This generates image sales and a few assignments along the way which goes a long way toward funding other trips. Sort of a self fulfilling prophesy.

Many of my travels to places ranging from out west to Colorado & Utah, the Italian, Swiss and French Alps and as far south as Portillo Chile have left me with a stockpile of images that I am now putting to use in a series of fine art images. This is an ongoing project. I will post some of the images here from time to time. The image above is actually from trip out to our place in Park City that I shot last month. Hope you like it. Think Snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment